Cheryl B. Jeter
Cheryl graduated from the University of Texas with a Bachelor's Degree in History and Government in 1971. While at The University, Cheryl was active in numerous campus and political activities. Cheryl served as an officer of her sorority, and donated her time to various Austin political and charitable activities.
Prior to Cheryl beginning law school, she participated in the ownership of several popular restaurants in Houston and sold residential real estate.
Cheryl attended law school at the South Texas College of Law, graduating in 1989. While attending law school she was active in the South Texas College of Law Moot Court Competitions as well as other law school related activities and committees.
Cheryl has spoken at Continuing Legal Education courses on behalf of the South Texas College of Law, the State Bar of Texas and the Burta Rhoads Raborn American Inns of Court.
After being licensed, Cheryl was associated with a well known Houston trial firm for several years before she engaged in private practice for seven years with an emphasis in family and probate law. She later became the In-House Counsel for three large corporations, where she oversaw all corporate matters regarding employment law, real estate law, contracts, business law and bankruptcy. She has overseen the bankruptcy of eight companies while In-House and conducted training seminars at company offices throughout the United States regarding employment law in the workplace. Cheryl's seven year experience in these areas of corporate law are now integral to many family or probate legal proceedings.
Cheryl's diverse business background and her strong insights into legal issues brings an instinctive analysis to bear on complex family law issues and a unique perspective to her legal career.
Cheryl has always taken an active role in giving back to the community in Houston . She has served on the Executive Committee of the Muscular Dystrophy Committee. She is a member of St. Martin's Episcopal Church where she has taught Sunday School and been honored as Chairman of the St. Martin's Annual Auction. Cheryl has served on various committees of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, including the International Committee. She has served as a Cub Scout Mother for three Cub Scout Dens as well as chairman of various committees at The Kinkaid School. Cheryl has also given her time generously to the American Heart Association, University of Texas Nursing Association and numerous University of Texas Medical Center fund raising committees. Cheryl is currently actively involved with the Houston Grand Opera, the Episcopal Lord of the Streets, the University of Texas Alumna Association , The University of Texas Chancellor's Committee and the University of Texas and Houston Chi Omega Alumna Association.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1989
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 1971
- Major: History and Government
- Boys Scouts of America
- St. Martin’s Episcopal Church
- The University of Texas
- The University of Texas Chancellor’s Council
- The Kinkaid School
- Episcopal Church of the Streets
- Conner & Lindamood, P.C., Attorney at Law and Of Counsel, 2006 to 2019
- Access Lending Corporation, General Counsel (Sugar Land), 2003 to 2006
- Integrated Roofing & Waterproofing, Inc. (Houston), Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel, 2000 to 2002
- Garner Environmental Services, Inc. (Deer Park, Texas), General Counsel, 1999 to 2000
- Alexander & McEvily (Houston, Texas), Associate Attorney, 1990 to 1992
- Vinson & Elkins, L.L.P. (Houston, Texas), Law Clerk, 1987 to 1990
- Hon. Lynn Hughes, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Intern
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Burta Raborn Rhodes Inns of Court
- Family Law
- Texas, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation Fellow